2013/2014 SCHOOL YEAR PROGRAM SUMMARY
Complete the online application form (only online applications will be accepted in 2014). Please be as thorough as possible in providing requested information. Include copies of informational literature or photographs of equipment or materials, if applicable. Price information, including tax, shipping, and handling costs is very important. The quality of your submission directly translates into the likelihood of your grant funding. Remember, these will be posted online for public review.
Submission Deadline: March 17, 2014 (Initial Deadline); March 31, 2014 (Final Deadline)
For 2013/2014, Grant Requests will be posted online at LREF’s website so that the community can direct grant funds to a specific grant application. The grants received by the initial deadline will be posted online by March 24, 2014. Grants received between March 18, 2014 and March 31, 2014 will be posted online by April 15, 2014. Grants will remain online through May 20, 2014. A final LREF Board meeting will be held at the end of May to finalize grant funds. Grants that receive no or partial funding from online fundraising will be considered by the LREF Board to be:
- Fully or Partially funded from LREF General Funds.
- Not funded with any funds raised for such grant to be reallocated at the discretion of the LREF Board to other grants. Such funds will be prioritized in the following order: (i) to other grants for similar items at the same school; (ii) to other grant requests from the same requestor or from the same grade level at such school; (iii) to other grant requests at the same school; and (iv) to any other grant request being considered by the LREF Board.
Funding Date: Procedures: Funding will be provided in early June to each school site for the aggregate of all grants funded to the school. Grant requestors must work with the school office manager to order and receive the granted items.
Other Grant Information/Rules
- The LREF Board reserves the right to refuse to fund or promote for funding any grant for any reason. The LREF Board decision is final. All submitted grants will be reviewed by the school’s principal prior to review and approval by LREF’s board (principals will review the online submissions received).
- Grants will be given priority that: (i) introduce an innovative and creative program involving students; (ii) offer students a unique learning opportunity which enriches the study of a related subject matter; and (iii) provide resources which will enhance classroom curriculum by encouraging student participation.
- Grants should not qualify for state, federal or district funding. However, grant requests that help fulfill programs that are partially funded by these sources will be considered.
- Grant award receipts are required to follow up with the LREF board no later than January 15th of the following year after the grant award date. Follow up includes information on how and when the grant was implemented in the classroom and photos of the items in use with appropriate signed release forms.
- All approved grants are for school use. In the event that a grant award recipient leaves the school or elects to teach a different grade, items purchased with grant funds must remain in place at the school to which the funds were originally granted.
- All items purchased with grant funds MUST be identified as so, including information that is presented to parents, teachers and administrators. All items must be identified with labels which indicate that the item was purchased with LREF granted funds. (LREF will provide the labels to each grant award recipient.) Failure to do so may result in the denial of future grants.
- Once approved, any changes to the grant must be approved by the grant committee. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of your grant. Amounts in excess of the grant award will not be reimbursed.
- Grant recipients will be notified no later than 7 days following the Foundation’s board meeting in late May.
- For award recipients, complete purchase order information must be submitted to your school office administrator by September 30th. This information should include a description of the item(s), vendor, price, tax, shipping and handling. IMPORTANT: Failure to timely submit your purchase order information will result in the forfeiture of your grant award.
Any questions may be directed to Grants@LREFOnline.org.